How and why asking for help
Leadership tips on asking for help
Sep 23, 2018 · 166 words
Asking for help is fine
We tend to not ask for help. Usually because it transmit the idea of a weak person. It may expose our weakness right. But human being likes to help and saying you need some help is a good honest gesture. Because you can’t do everything alone right.
3 reinforcements that helps to get buys-in
- Being part of the group is something you have to consider when asking for help. Emphasis to being part of this team with past experience, common goal and interest.
- Positive attitude toward the person you request help. Telling her she’s the right person to help.
- Efficience and impact is really important. Make sure to communicate the result of the help.
What helpers needs to know/understand
Also when asking for help you have to make sure the person you ask :
- Understand that you need help.
- Understand that you want some help.
- Being concerned by the subject (feeling responsible).
- Being skilled to help.
Source : HBR issue 2018⁄11